Personal
| Moving on |
Greetings humans. I know I have not been posting a post since the 12th of January which is about more than week ago. I've been wanting to post on this blog believe me, but one word will explain it all. College.
I've had a few failed moments where I had wanted to take some pictures for a post. One of them was when I was walking a 5 minute walk to a place to eat and buy some materials with my friend Willy and Elaine. I remembered to bring my camera along that day and had worn nice clothes to take some pictures. And when Willy was going to take a picture my freaking memory stick wasn't in. I was so mad at myself. Another time was when I'm in class and thought of taking pictures and yeah my lecturer is super strict so no no. And when I'm at home, I just take my camera out after a long day and my freaking battery in my camera is dead.
And also most times is because I have assignments to do. Let me tell you. It has only been my 3rd week so far and am so busy already. I currently have a colour wheel to paint, 2 quizzes next week which is about 15% of my final grade, and materials I have to buy for my tie and dye project. One thing you should know about me is that I am workaholic. I won't stop doing something until I am satisfied and happy with it. I cannot sleep or rest if something is not done, or done well. I don't even realize I'm tired or sleepy most of the time because a billion things are still running through my mind. It really is a handful. And I honestly can't complain because I'm having so. much. fun.
This whole time I'm doing these things I just keep thinking of how much I want to write all this on my blog. And now since I have done most of the things I need to do (for now at least) I have decided to write this (probably long) post. I'm starting to really like my college. You can talk about Dolce & Gabbanna's fall collection and people will talk to you. You can talk about dreaming of having your own brand one day because everyone has the same dream there.Its feels really nice to be in a place where everyone around you believes in the same thing you do. Because I never had the confidence to tell people when I was in high school about what I wanted to study. I was always afraid of what people would think. Because I've had people tell me that I would be "jobless" after I graduate. And "Your parents are just wasting their money". But you know what, that is not true. I've heard so many people make it as fashion designers and there are lots of job opportunities. The fashion industry is one of the most fastest moving industries in the world. And I wished I had told all those people that they have no right to judge what I can or cannot do. You don't know me and you don't know what I can do. But its okay because I will just show you and prove you wrong. I know it isn't going to be easy. Its going to be hard. Like a pain in the ass. But then again, is anything ever easy? I'm done letting fear stop me from what I want to do.
And the best thing is that I'm really happy. I'm really happy doing what I'm doing now. And as much as it is tiring and stressful, I won't ever give it up or change my mind. Not in a second. I've met really keewwl friends. My friend Jeffery, and I will break out into a High School Musical number during workshops. My french lecturer talks to us about his dogs and his life experiences (that are endless). My friend Willy will randomly sing a line from an old song and I will always continue the next line. Willy would always be like "OMG, you know all the old songs I like". And there is Crystal who knows all the cool places to eat in KL (which I am a complete noob at). Kharen and Gladys are Indonesians. They are teaching me how to speak the Indonesian language (which I am failing at miserably). Alicia that always comes early to class and takes the LRT everyday. Elaine who is my senior and known as "The Chinese Princess". Janette that likes people to call her "Egg" with just no reason at all.
Haha I don't think I can mention everyone because this blog post will go on for days. But yeah everyone seems pretty cool. A few events have made me just really made everything seem more real. Like when I was finishing late for Textiles class with Willy and my lecturer was talking to us. Before he left he told us to "Just switch off the lights and air-conditioner when you leave" and I was just thinking of how they always say that in movies of people in college/uni when they stay back to finish their assignments/projects. Another event is when I'm back in Kajang on a Friday because I don't have classes on Friday. I would always feel so paranoid when I don't go to school (back in high school) on weekdays and people would ask "You didn't go to school today?" but now its like, "I'm in college and I don't have classes today". And when you call your teachers "lecturers" and not "Cikgu (Teacher in Bahasa Malaysia) or teacher". Or even needing to figure out what to wear to school everyday because I'm just so used to wearing uniform everyday.
Its a big change but I think I have adjusted. I feel more independent now, taking taxi rides, cooking my own meals, washing laundry, making my own decisions. Lecturers even treat you differently and in college a lot of it just really depends on you. Its all just about growing up I guess. My high school days feel like 10 years ago to me. High school just seems so far away. The classrooms, the teachers, the people, the books, the lessons just all seem so long ago. Like I had actually really let go all those years and memories in high school. Its sort of like you do miss it and all those memories and good times but you know that you wouldn't go back because its just time to move on. If that even makes any sense? And it isn't a bad thing. I think I just learned to move on and start a new chapter in my life. And letting go doesn't mean forgetting, it means remembering. Everything is changing and I think I'm getting the hang of it.
Wow I just spent an hour and a half writing and editing pictures for this post. Haha you know what they say, "Time flies when your having fun". Anyway, I'm having lots of fun and being busy. Hope you all have a good weekend ahead. I miss blogging. With only a week of not updating hahaha. Going to read everything on style.com, study textiles, fashion history and watch videos on how to do cool tie dies. And maybe watch some gossip girl. If I even have time. Being in this field you need so much knowledge on the trends, the latest fashion shows, even history and artisans, because they just really expect you to know already. So lots to do! Here are some pictures and links to some songs and videos that I feel expressed the past week. STAY BEAUTIFUL AND FABULOUS. Stay strong and smile. Be sure to update real soon :).
![]() |
| My latest project I handed in last Thursday. Weaving project aka Ketupat. |
![]() |
| Meet Blair, my new plant! I named it after Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl. |
My Jams
Gone, Gone, Gone-Philip Philips
http://youtu.be/oozQ4yV__Vw
Breaking Free-High School Musical
http://youtu.be/ZLa__49Ltv4
Masterpeice- Jessy J
http://youtu.be/PTOFEgJ9zzI
Popular- Wicked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2dRALQ8-pI
Clean- Taylor Swift
http://youtu.be/_BlGS6Vaa8s
Videos that cracked me up
Box Of Lies with Jennifer Lawrence at Jimmy Fallon
http://youtu.be/QhJIA8moL5s
"Ew!" with Seth Rogen and Zac Efron at Jimmy Fallon
http://youtu.be/B_DR9-_QUx4
Love,
Rachel Khloe Phan




Funny !
ReplyDeleteBecause you're in it! hahahaha
Delete