Monday, 5 January 2015

First day of college

 Fashion 

| A brand new chapter in my life |


| T-shirt- H&M | Jeans- Uniqlo | Shoes- Topshop | Bag- Random korean stall | Bracelet- Street shop in Bali |

         Hey everybody. Its the 6th of January and yesterday I just attended my first day of college. To say I was scared was an understatement. I was so scared I was going to be late, I came an hour early. There wasn't anyone there except this girl that sat on the couch. Then soon her friend came along and I had build up enough courage to go over and say hello. They were really nice people and one of them is actually in his 4th term of advanced diploma in fashion designing! (the course I am in). 
      The day went pretty well. I made new friends and even had my first color collision and textiles class. The class consisted of drawing straight accurate lines and very parallel cubes. The staff there are like incredibly nice and everyone I've met so far seem to be nice as well. The campus only consist of about 400 students and each class has maximum 20 students. Its a really small place but its like the coziest place ever.
     So class ended about an hour early and I needed to wait for my dad to pick me up. All my classmates had already gone home. So I went to the canteen and sat there for about an hour and a half? Until about 5:30 p.m. when the canteen decided to close and the staff shut most of the lights off. I decided to stay there. Just to you know, get comfortable.
     Then it just sort of really hit me slap in the face. I just felt pretty emotional in that moment. Its kind of like you feel so excited and nervous, and just to think that there are so many things coming. To be in a whole different environment with so many different people, and different classes is really overwhelming for me. I'm just kind of an emotional person.
      I guess you could say I was a little homesick as well. It just kind of felt like when I was sitting alone in the cafeteria that if I were back in Kuching, my friends would be with me. And then friends got onto family and then hometown and just everything at once. My mind tends to do that, make me feel more and more emotional then I originally was and the situation gets fired up. I'm kind of like this girl who loves adventure and loves to travel new places and want to go places as far away from my hometown as possible, live by myself, be independent and meet new people but I just kind of forget how much I will miss my family, my friends and hometown. I just kind of get so caught up in things that I forget what I leave behind.
    In time I will be fine. Give me about 2 months and I'll be all good. How could I honestly not expect this from myself knowing how emotional I am. I'm just happy that I have my family with me. I just need to adjust and get use to the environment. When I got home, I read this letter from a bunch of letters my friends gave me. The ones that say "Open when...". And I opened the one where it said "Open when you miss your us (my friends)". I just got completely emotional again. Until I saw this picture.

And then I laughed my ass off. Love them so much.
      Okay for the clothes now haha. I decided to keep it monochrome and go with my RM 30 H&M t-shirt/blouse thing and my trusty Uniqlo jeans. My Topshop boots to give me a little height and paired the whole outfit with this bag that I bought from some random Korean stall in a shopping complex. I wore this butterfly bracelet that is my lucky bracelet. I actually took these photos today while my jeans were still a little damp. I didn't wear any make up today (because honestly too lazy to take off afterwards) as I was at home the whole day, but I did wear some yesterday. I'm sorry for the bad photography. I needed to set my camera on timer because I was alone. I'd usually ask my sister or brother to take pictures for me but they aren't here :(.
     Anyway, if any of you guys are deciding which college/uni you are going to and what course you are taking, think about it long and hard. Remember that this is for your future and not everyone else. If you have no clue at all, just dig harder, look out and think about what you really really want to do. Don't think about the money, your family, you grandparents or your friends. Just think about what you see yourself doing and being happy doing so.
    And for you guys who are starting in college/uni like myself and don't feel like this, there is nothing wrong with you. I'm just a pretty emotional person. But if you do, don't worry you are not alone.

Good days are ahead of us, believe it.

Love,
Rachel Khloe Phan
    

1 comment:

  1. I love your magazine worthy writing dear! it's so fun and easy to read ♥ ♥

    New fun post on the blog sweetie!
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete