Monday, 12 January 2015

Settling In

| Personal |

| The new status quo |

         
        Hey everyone. I just came back from a whole day of classes. I'm just kind of relaxing right now, and playing some nice music. Its only Monday and I already feel exhausted.
      Everything is looking up so far. I think I had to have that emotional day exactly a week ago. If I didn't honestly I would be an emotional wreck now. But things are starting to fall into place and I'm starting to get use to my new daily routine. I said it before and gonna say it again, I'm just really bad at starting again.
     School is already busy, with only just starting with one week of classes. I guess that's what you get for signing up for advanced diploma which is short and quick. Nonetheless I'm actually really enjoying my classes. Like I am really really into the classes. Its not like when I'm in school and I'm just like. Get. To. The. Point. These classes are actually making me do more and more research and staying till after class hours and going everywhere just to get my materials. I listen to 4 hours straight in class which is very unusual for me because I'm just this restless crazy girl. When class ends I would just be like, "What? That was so fast!"
    These are my subject of interest and I'm glad I'm in this field. Its the kind of thing that you wouldn't mind staying up till late at night doing projects, or doing so much work for. Other than the subjects I did make friends (yes such a shocker). We all seem to get along and we went on a few lunches together already. They are all just generally nice people that help each other out in our assignments.
    Over the weekend I went back to my hometown, Kajang which is about an hour drive from where I'm staying. I spent the weekend at my grandparents house. My grandparents the best people to hang out with. My grandmother who use to be an art teacher was helping me find my materials for my upcoming weaving assignment. My grandpa drove us around with no complains.  We went to craft stores and and photo frame shops. She was the best adviser and we saw eye to eye on my vision for my assignment. I remember just wanting to cry (like honestly) happy tears because I honestly am so grateful for my grandparents who are supporting me 110%. Hahaha actually tearing up now. Love you grandpa and grandma.

     Anyway, I'm just quite happy in this moment. I am much better compared to what I was last week, an emotional wreck. I'm good now and I just want to enjoy this period of time before things change.
   I hope that you guys are having a good week. Things got better for me and I'm still hoping for the best. If you guys are having bad days and just wanna cry at any moment. Cry. Don't be afraid to do so, because I did and I did feel much better after. You've just got to drill in your head that things are going to get better. Don't forget to look to the brighter days and look around at all the people who are there for you. Don't you dare say you don't have anyone because you will always have me who feels the same way.
     I feel like calling my mom now. Hope you all have a great week ahead.

Love,
Rachel Khloe Phan

1 comment: