Its the 15th of Feuary. I'm a day late I know. I just had a craaaaazy week filled with assignments, assignments, assignments and, wait did I say assignments? Its crazy how many things you have to do once you are in college.
Ahhh Valentine's Day. Some people look forward to it, most people dread it. People who look forward to it are most probably in a relationship, and people who dread it are probably single. Well I'm probably in a whole new category. I like Valentine's Day, despite being single.
Yeah I'm that girl. The girl that loves seeing boys give roses to girls, reading incredibly cheesy post that couples post on Instagram, and watching people buy flowers on Valentine's Day. I like the atmosphere the day holds. I blame Valentine's Day the movie.
If you already don't know I am into that lovey dovey stuff. I am girly I admit that. And I am now accepting that there is nothing wrong with that.
Relationships to me are incredibly special. Love can make you the happiest person in the world. Like have you ever felt like when you had that crush, and he text you back or he called and you just feel so freaking happy the whole day. Its all because of love. Its the only thing in this world that can truly give you happiness and I find that incredibly special.
Relationships are also something really serious to me. I don't want to get too personal with this post. But I would just like to conclude that Valentine's Day is a day special to someone out there. Yes we should act like everyday is Valentine's Day and all that but, its just nice to have one day that everyone can really proclaim a day exceptionally special.
When I was in high school, Valentine's Day was always very special. Partly because a few clubs in my school will carry out a "Valentine's Day sale" which provided sales exchanges between schools in Kuching. I was in one of those clubs, Leo Club (ROAR!ROAR!ROAR!). I was in-charge of that project for 2 years. And I had the most fun (even though I was single for those years). I liked delivering the goods and going from class to class. I like to see the oh so shy expression on their faces when they do get a gift. I liked sneakily reading all the cards that was sent. I liked to think of myself as the cupid on that day.
As sad as I sound, it actually isn't at all. Because I too had received gifts on that day. Not from secret lovers but from friends. Every year we would get each other something, always joking around about being single on the card. And if Valentine's Day is to celebrate love, then why can't everyone celebrate as well? Because on Valentine's Day I also celebrate the love that my friends have given me sad or happy, lonely or not, single or taken. Celebration of love from family. Love that you can never replace I am ultimately blessed because love is all around me
And until I actually find Mr.Right, I am in no rush. Because what is there to rush for? I am a true believer in fate. That at the right time, at the right place, and the right guy magic will happen. And maybe, I will meet a guy that won't be Mr.Right or maybe I did meet him but let him go. I will let my future self decide that. But for now, I am happy the way I am.
I spent the day shopping with my mother buying 50% off items, having this photo shoot with my brother, and working on my "An Art Interpretation of Me" project I'll probably blog about later on. I had Fashion Marketing and Merchandising Mid Term test tomorrow. I revised just now and hoping for the best! Wish me luck and I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. Here are some pictures we took.
![]() |
| I am only joking |
Love,
Rachel Khloe Phan





Your pictures are so cute! I love your blog so much :-))
ReplyDeletehttp://dysaniacmind.blogspot.hk/
Thank You! Your blog is awesome!
Delete