Wednesday, 18 February 2015

The New Normal

| Fashion |

| The getting use to the new daily routine |






| Shirt- Mango (MNG) | Leather Jacket- Esprit | Jeans - Uniqlo | Boots- Topshop |

       Hello the wonderful people of the Earth. What is up? As of now I am incredibly exhausted. Its Chinese New Year tomorrow and everything IS GOING BY SO FAST. I just realized that I am already three quarters into my 1st term in college. Its pretty crazy.
        Yesterday was probably one of the most adventurous and independent feeling day of my life. The day started when my brother, mother and I went to the train station nearby and we met my friend Jasmine at KL Central. Jasmine and I have been friends since I was like 11? It was an emotional moment when we hugged. I MISSED HER SO MUCH. 
      The day consisted of us taking numerous train rides that ranged from empty trains and also trains packed like sardines. It also consisted of grumpy taxi drivers, weird smelling places, a lot and a lot of walking (to the point where I had to buy flip flops because my feet was so painful), meeting new friendly people, going to hipster coffee shops (that had really good coffee) and a nasty stare from a lady (for no apparent reason at all). Overall it was just such an adventurous day we ended up staring into space on the train ride back because we were just so incredibly tired.
      I think yesterday, I finally felt like I was actually just really use to this new way of living. The city life. Before yesterday I literally had never taken a train ride alone, or go to a place not so familiar without my family. When I was on the train back to my place in the city alone, I remembered feeling fine. Like I wasn't feeling scared or weird. I think I just really got use to it. The surroundings when you take public transport is actually really interesting. The surrounding will be filled with many working adults on their phones wearing earphones with their briefcase, students (like myself) carrying backpacks wearing earphones as well, kids that was so fascinated by taking the train, going around poles and looking out the window. Everyone just looks like they know what they are doing. And then there's me that is just guessing and hoping, praying I'll get home.
     Other than having sore feet and clothes that smell like fried food and smoke that has been absorbed in, I feel incredibly independent. Its like I'm really growing up and its starting to sink in that I'm actually starting to be okay with that.
     Lets talk about clothes. We took this photo shoot alongside a walkway that is nearby my college. It had that Parisian feel and my friend Ted and I spent like half an hour taking pictures after having lunch. I love the fall season and wished Malaysia had it. Mostly because the outfits are so nice. Fall is when its not too hot but not too cold either which just gives your wardrope endless of options. I wore a classic denim shirt, you can never go wrong. My skinny jeans gave some shape to the outfit and booties. My leather jacket that makes any outfit look instantly better (and badass). 
    I wanted adventure and I definitely got it. I'm happy my new year's resolution list is coming along and I'm actually accomplishing things. I am having the most fun taking public transport (even if i'm still a complete noob), walking a whole lot, meeting new people and going on just new adventures. I'm excited for the future and what is to come.
    Tomorrow is Chinese New Year! Going to blog about fire works, good food, new clothes and ang pao's real soon. I'm trying not to freak out about the amount of assignments I have to complete before the holiday is over. Cheers to a great day.



Love,
Rachel Khloe Phan 


















No comments:

Post a Comment