Monday, 5 October 2015

A Red Situation

| Fashion |

| Always This Late - ODESZA |











| Dress- British India | Earrings- Lovisa | Shoes- Nine West |

       Its a typical Monday afternoon. I look outside and the haze isn't so bad. The sun is actually shining (well a little at least). No sign of rain or storm and I decided to take advantage of this situation and whipped my camera out.

       I've been wanting to have a proper photo session with this outfit ever since the dinner I wore this outfit (which was like last week Saturday), and there was just no time. Not to mention the haze in KL is so bad, you wouldn't even want to step outside. So when the weather was finally smiling down on me this very afternoon, I decided to take advantage of this situation. I got all dolled up just for this blog post. 
        Today marks the last day of my 2 week semester break. I can't believe I am already going into my 4th semester. Which basically means I am already halfway through my entire course, which is absolutely crazy. I can't believe how fast the time flew and how much I have learned in the course of these 10 months.
         With that being said, I'd like to cheers to all that has happened. Sometimes when everything is flying past you, you kind of forget to stop and look at the bigger picture. I feel like a thousands of pictures are flying past me and I'm trying to look at where its going but I didn't even take the time to take a good look at each of those flying pictures. And I let it slip out of my grip and forgotten.  I'm always the kind person who would not want to miss out on anything and everything. I'm constantly flying pass things as quick as I can, never wanting to miss a single moment. And that is something I have to learn is that, not every thing I can do and not everything needs to be done quickly. I'm rushing here and doing that, going here and there and somehow always forgetting to stop and just breaaaaaathe. I stress myself over things I cannot control and before I know what is happening the moment is passed and all that is left is regret. I want to go thorough every single moment but I do it so fast, that I forget to have fun. I end the roller coaster ride, not having fun because I had forgotten to scream and open my eyes. We shouldn't let time define when something is going to be over, but let time define what is in the now. So don't forget to stop, and smell the flowers. As Walter Hagen once said "Don't hurry, don't worry, you're only here for a short visit  so don't forget to smell the roses". 
          This beautiful dress I was wearing, has a mermaid kind of silhouette with a asymmetrical style line across the knee, an intricate print and beading down the V neck. All these qualities made this dress different. I paired this dress with one of the only heels I have and matching earrings. When everything is red, why not go all out right? So red lips, a pinkish eye shadow and red nail polish to seal the deal. 
       Starting a new semester is never easy. Each semester seems to get harder and harder. And I'm constantly drying out falling to my knees each semester, but its time to get back up. Cheers to living in the moment, not letting time define what is going to happen, but what is happening. 



Love,
Rachel Khloe Phan 


No comments:

Post a Comment