Saturday, 18 April 2015

I like running

I like running.
The adrenaline of my legs moving,
the sound of my heart pumping so loud in my chest,
Struggling to catch my breath,
And feeling the muscles in my body flex with every move.

Because when I'm running,
and my legs are taking me somewhere so far away,
Somewhere I never was,
It's an escape.
Or it may just seem like escape,
For just a for a little while at least.

I run away from reality,
I run away from my thoughts I don't want to think about,
I run away from negativity,
I run away from people,
I run away from responsibilities,
I run away from words I don't want to hear,
I run away from having to worry,
I run away from facing life..
Just for a little while.

Because when my legs are moving,
and the only sound I hear is my heartbeat vibrating throughout my body,
I feel alive again.
And everything pauses,
For just a while at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment